“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah
Everyone has an addiction and mine is retail. It just does something to me. Walking into a store and seeing sale signs or clearance racks makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. Let’s not even get started on the feeling I get when I’m browsing on some of my favorite online! That being said, I’ve decided to take my talents to the blog and share with the ladies my knowledge and passion of being savvy and fashionable.
Here are a few helpful hints if you are looking for a particular piece, searching for a deal on an item, or just shopping because you love it.
- Look around – Everyone today has some form of social media, whether it is Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, or Pinterest. These are great sources to get inspired seek ideas for pieces you want to add to your wardrobe, whether it is inspired by a celebrity, friend, or a online boutique. If I just happen to come across a piece that I just can’t live without, I search around to see if I can find it cheaper. Many of the online boutiques might get the pieces before the chain stores or more popular online websites. Being a savvy, wise shopper, I don’t rush to press that checkout button before checking to see if I can find it cheaper elsewhere.
- Patience – I like to consider myself financially responsible when it comes to shopping. I do not pay full price for anything. There must be some sort of discount on a purchase, even if it’s just free shipping. So, when I’m shopping online, before I secure a purchase I usually wait a few days to make sure the items will not be priced lower than they are already. Do not wait too long because the sales won’t last forever.
- Sign up for emails – I know after waiting in line for what seems like an eternity as a shopper you just want the checkout process to be quick and easy. When the cashier asks for your email give it. I know your inbox can become inundated with junk mail but those coupons from retailers can be helpful. On-line coupons are a very cost-effective method of retail advertisement. In fact, many stores will allow shoppers use their coupons directly from smartphones.
- Frequent shopper – As humans we are prone to have patterns. I visit many sites but always find myself revisiting those once I make purchases from them. I am sure this is common. So stalk those sites you love and it usually pay off. You will find deals and sales that you cannot pass up.
- Tuesday is Shoesday – If you love shoes just as much as I do, this is important information. Tuesdays are when I can find many things on sale especially SHOES!!!! For the last couple of months Charlotte Russes as well as Baker’s Shoes has been offering shoe sales on their site. Sales typically start on Tuesday and end Thursday on many sites so consequently those are great days to get some online shopping done.
- Check this out First – Before I press that ‘complete your order,’ open another tab and check to see if the site has any coupon codes available. Simply search using the site’s name followed by the words ‘coupon code.’ For example, if shopping on Charlotte Russe’s online site and want to look for a coupon code type in ‘Charlotte Russe coupon code’ in the search engine. Choose wisely because many sites only let you use one code per order.
I hope these helpful hints help you prepare for that perfect memory. This will be the first of many entries. In future blogs, I’ll be sharing all things I love when it comes to fashion. Be on the look out for entries involving recent purchases, fashions my friends or I wore, celebrity looks, what’s on my wishlist, and popular trends. In the meantime, in between time, HAPPY SHOPPING LADIES!